Tuesday 11 September 2012

100 day spending ban: Update 1


If you've been reading my blog for a while then you would know that I decided to do a hundred day spending ban which you can read here. I thought it might be interesting to let everyone know how I am doing as I go along and because of my lack of spending I thought I would include a wishlist of what I want to buy.

I'll start by saying I didn't think a spending ban would be this difficult which clearly shows me I spend way too much without actually realising that I'm spending it. For me, actually going shopping isn't a problem because I very rarely do it but I get tempted to shop online all the time! The biggest problem I have found is that being a blogger and reading blogs mean that I become aware of loads of deals and discounts that online shops are currently having and this tempts me a lot! I have almost bought things from H&M, the body shop and matalan, simply because they had deals but I didn't allow myself (go me!)

I'm going to be completely honest and say that I have bought three items but I have justified this as they are practical and not just things that I want to have. I bought a pair of boots (£9.90) for university as I want some comfortable boots which are also versatile, they were brand new and very cheap for boots! I also bought some slippers (£6.00) which I needed because I didn't have any and I love slippers, especially in the colder months so once again this is more of an necessity than a want. The last item I bought I don't feel guilty about at all because out of all three things I bought this was the one I didn't the most. I start university in less than two weeks now and so I bought a student planner so that I keep organised and it was extremely cheap (£1.99).

The items above are the items that are on my current wishlist! 

Black boots - Select
White converse - Bank
Mac lipstick & blush - Debenhams
Black studded leather jacket - New look
Black bag - New look
Ralph Lauren perfume - Debenhams

I hope this post wasn't too boring, thanks for reading!

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I'm exactly the same with online shopping and I definitely get what you mean about seeing things on blogs! 100 days is quite a commitment, quite inspired to try this out! Great post!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful isn't it! it definitely is and it's very hard but I'm hoping it will be worth it! you should definitely try it and thanks :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Nice post...love the jacket.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the jacket it lovely isn't it!
      I'll check out your blog

      xx

      Delete