Saturday 15 December 2012

Review: John Frieda sheer blonde shampoo & conditioner

Hello!

Today I thought I would share with you all my thoughts on the John Frieda sheer blonde colour renew shampoo and conditioner. 

Personally I haven't been one to always dye my hair, for the past few years I was dying my hair red with home dye box kits but recently after debating for ages, I finally decided to get ombre hair. 

My hair is naturally brown which means I wanted blonde on the ends of my hair and another shade of brown through the middle. To get brown hair blonde it generally needs to be bleached and therefore I knew I needed a toner to ensure that my hair stayed as healthy as possible and didn't turn orange! 

After speaking to my hair dresser about what product she would recommend, I went and bought the John Frieda sheer blonde colour renew shampoo and after seeing they did I conditioner I decided to try that too.

So on to the actual product...



The idea of both the shampoo and conditioner is to reduce the brassiness in bleached hair meaning that it stays blonde and doesn't go a sort of orange colour. The shampoo does look quite scary when it comes out of the bottle as it is bright purple but it doesn't turn your hair purple so don't panic! The conditioner however is just a white colour.

The first couple of days after having my hair dyed it went extremely orange and although it didn't look that bad I panicked because I wanted it blonde so I started using the shampoo and conditioner and after just one wash my hair had changed completely and was a very light blonde, just what I wanted!

Both the shampoo and conditioner have quite a nice scent to them, not my favourite scent but not a bad one either! Another thing I noticed is how much product you get in the bottle! They are only 250ml bottles but I still have product left in each bottle and I've been using them for about two months which in my opinion is amazing!

My hairdresser advised me to use this shampoo and conditioner only 1-2 times per week and use an alternative shampoo and conditioner in between however I think it depends on how often you would like to use it as I don't think it would damage your hair if you wanted to use it more.

Overall I am extremely impressed with these products and will definitely be repurchasing them!

You can buy them from superdrug for £5.89 each or they are currently on offer for buy 2 for £6.99 here and  here.

Have you tried these?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello found your blog tonight from #bbloggers

    You have such a pretty blue design, my favourite colour!

    I'm trying out the John Frieda colour renew at the mo and I'm really liking it, my colours looks more even! Xx

    www.XxClaireLouisexX.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! and I completely agree, it does wonders for my hair!

      xx

      Delete